To make navigation of this page easier for you, we have added the below clickable menu and return buttons throughout.
MOVING TO MOROCCO
Maroc / Marruecos / Marrocos / Marokko / Marocko
A Guide to Relocating to Morocco
Want to move to Rabat? Considering moving to Casablanca? Or thinking about an international removal to Fez. Here’s the moving advice you’ll need for any international removal to Morocco…
Everything you need to help you plan your international move to Morocco.
Moving Household Goods And Personal Effects To Morocco
Below is a list of the documents you will need when planning an international removal to Morocco:
- Copy Passport (Of the individual moving/importing the goods) showing Entry Permit
- Removal packing list – We will complete this if you want us to undertake a full packing service for your removal
- Certificate of Change of Residence (returning citizens; certificate must be stamped by the Moroccan Consulate in the country of departure)
- Original rated Bill of Lading (OBL) / Express Release / Air Waybill (AWB) – We will take care of this if completing the entire international removal to Morocco for you.
- Detailed moving inventory in French dated, valued and signed by the shipper
- Invoices for electrical, hi-fi appliances and items bought less than 6 months prior to import
- Resident Permit / Work Permit / Letter of Employment
- Exemption Certificate, if applicable (returning citizens)
- Salary advice for the last 2 years (returning citizens)
We recommend providing these as soon as possible to reduce delays with your removal to Morocco. Late receipt of documentation can lead to missed shipments, additional charges and penalties at Moroccan Customs. For your own protection, we will almost never ship your goods without the above in place.
Additional Removal Advice
- Documents must be express mailed 15 days prior to shipment arrival to apply for any possible duty-free exemption.
- Used household goods and personal effects are duty free if they have been in the shipper`s possession and use for a minimum of 6 months and an Exemption Certificate has been obtained.
- Containers are systematically checked by Customs. Therefore, it is recommended that electrical household appliances are loaded at the doors of the container for easy access by Customs.
We always recommend speaking directly to the relevant embassy for the most accurate and up to date moving advice:
Popular Destinations in Morocco
Global Moving Services is vastly experienced in international removals to cities all over the globe. Their long history and detailed knowledge of different countries makes them the perfect choice for your move. Here are some of the most popular destinations we are asked to move people to in Morocco:
Casablanca, Fez, Tangier, Marrakesh, Salé, Meknes, Rabat. Get a quote to one of these places
Moving Your Money
If you’re moving to Morocco, it’s very likely you’ll have to exchange a large amount of currency. Many people waste thousands doing this through their bank as they think there is no alternative; but we partner with Global Reach who specialise in doing just this. Global Reach will offer all Global Moving Services customers preferential rates when exchanging currency and guarantee to beat other rates you’re receiving. Ask one of our move managers about this, to find out more click here or give us a call: +44 20 7097 5335 .
We always advise taking out an insurance policy with us on every move. Although we like to think we’re the best in the industry, the odd accident can occasionally happen. For added peace of mind, make sure to speak to one of our move managers about this.
If you have already contracted us for your international removal to Morocco, then you can download the insurance form and email the completed form back to your international relocation manager.
Moving Your Car Or Motorcycle
Below is a list of the documents you will need when planning to move your vehicle to Morocco:
- Copy of Passport (Of the individual moving/importing the goods)
- OBL / Air Waybill
- Original Registration Card
Additional Import Advice
- The OBL must state the engine number, chassis number and weight of the vehicle.
- To avoid unnecessary delays and charges for demurrage and storage due to lengthy Customs procedures, documents must be received by agent at least 1 month prior to shipment arrival.
- Vehicles older than 5 years cannot be imported permanently but can enter the country for a period not to exceed 6 months. Exportation after the 6-month period is required.
- Diplomatic vehicles older than 5 months can be imported but must be exported upon the shipper’s departure from Morocco.
Relocating Your Pets to Morocco
These documents will be required when planning to relocate your pet to Morocco
- Vaccination Record
- Authorization from the Ministry of Health (birds)
- Veterinary Health Certificate
Additional Import Advice
- The Veterinary Health Certificate must be issued at the point of origin and issued within 10 days of import.
- Authorization from the Ministry of Health is required for the importation of birds, including falcons and hawks.
- The Vaccination Record must be issued within 6 months of arrival in Morocco.
Restricted & Dutiable/Taxable Items
Think very carefully before moving these items to Morocco. Items on this list will be taxed and/or require specific permission to import. In all cases they must be declared prior to you relocating to Morocco:
- Firearms and ammunition (only smooth barreled hunting weapons are permitted but retained by Customs until a Firearm and Hunting Permit is obtained). For this reason, firearms and ammunition must be easily identifiable and placed near the doors of the container.
Do not move any of these items to Morocco:
- Unlawful drugs
- Phones, answering machines and fax machines
The following additional items are prohibited in GMS Baggage/Courier Consignments:
- Aerosols (all kinds, Hairspray, Deodorant etc)
- Aftershaves / Perfumes / Fragrances
- Alcoholic Drinks or Bottles
- Ammunition of any kind
- Animals of any kind (Dead or Alive)
- Any items containing Petrol (Liquid, Gas or Fumes)
- Biological Samples
- Car Batteries
- Cash & Cards (Credit / Debit)
- Cheques (Bank)
- Christmas Crackers
- Counterfeit Currency
- Dangerous Goods
- Driving Licence
- Drugs (Including Prescription)
- Excrement / Filth
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fish (Dead or Live)
- Foodstuffs (all kinds)
- Hazardous Goods
- Human Remains (including ashes)
- Infectious Substances
- Laptop Computers, Mobile/Smart Phones or Tablets
- Lottery Tickets
- Nail Varnish / Nail Varnish Remover
- Perishable Goods (All)
- Plants / Seeds etc
- Printer Toner
- Seatbelt Tensioners and Steering Wheels
- Weapons (all kinds, including replicas)
Disclaimer: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This information is provided as a guide only. While Global Moving Services has exercised reasonable care in publishing this information, Global Moving Services makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.