To make navigation of this page easier for you, we have added the below clickable menu and return buttons throughout.
MOVING TO PAKISTAN
Pakistán / Paquistão
A Guide to Relocating to Pakistan
Want to move to Islamabad? Considering moving to Karachi? Or thinking about an international removal to Lahore. Here’s the moving advice you’ll need for any international removal to Pakistan…
Everything you need to help you plan your international move to Pakistan.
Moving Household Goods And Personal Effects To Pakistan
Below is a list of the documents you will need when planning an international removal to Pakistan:
- Original Passport (Of the individual moving/importing the goods)
- Original Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC – if Pakistani national)
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB) – We will take care of this if completing the entire international removal to Pakistan for you.
- Moving inventory list in English – We will complete this if you want us to undertake a full packing service for your removal
- Removal packing list with purchase invoices
- Transfer of Residence Certificate
- Copy of Diplomatic Card (applicable only to diplomatic relocations / diplomats moving)
- Certificate of Employment
- Copy of Visa
We recommend providing these as soon as possible to reduce delays with your removal to Pakistan. Late receipt of documentation can lead to missed shipments, additional charges and penalties at Pakistani Customs. For your own protection, we will almost never ship your goods without the above in place.
Additional Removal Advice
- Pakistani citizens must pay full Customs duties and taxes.
- Shippers can import shipments duty free for the first 6 months by completing a CBR Booklet (foreigners).
- All import duties are charged on the costs, insurance and freight of the shipment (CIF) value; the value is determined by Customs officials.
- Only used clothing and used household effects can be imported on a duty-free basis.
- Customs clearance takes approximately 4-5 days after arrival of the shipment.
- All items are dutiable; the value and depreciation of the goods can be negotiated with the examiner at the time of clearance.
- Do not send insurance or any documents showing value of the household goods with the shipment to avoid payment of heavy import duties.
- Diplomats may import shipments duty free with presentation of a Diplomatic Exemption Certificate to Customs authorities.
- Consignee should be present for Customs clearance.
- A Letter of Authority from the Mission is required for all shipments.
We always recommend speaking directly to the relevant embassy for the most accurate and up to date moving advice:
Popular Destinations in Pakistan
Global Moving Services is vastly experienced in international removals to cities all over the globe. Their long history and detailed knowledge of different countries makes them the perfect choice for your move. Here are some of the most popular destinations we are asked to move people to in Pakistan:
Karachi (Sindh), Lahore (Punjab), Faisalabad (Punjab), Rawalpindi (Punjab), Islamabad. Get a quote to one of these places
Moving Your Money
If you’re moving to Pakistan, it’s very likely you’ll have to exchange a large amount of currency. Many people waste thousands doing this through their bank as they think there is no alternative; but we partner with Global Reach who specialise in doing just this. Global Reach will offer all Global Moving Services customers preferential rates when exchanging currency and guarantee to beat other rates you’re receiving. Ask one of our move managers about this, to find out more click here or give us a call: +44 20 7097 5335 .
We always advise taking out an insurance policy with us on every move. Although we like to think we’re the best in the industry, the odd accident can occasionally happen. For added peace of mind, make sure to speak to one of our move managers about this.
If you have already contracted us for your international removal to Pakistan, then you can download the insurance form and email the completed form back to your international relocation manager.
Moving Your Car Or Motorcycle
Below is a list of the documents you will need when planning to move your vehicle to Pakistan:
- Copy of Passport (Of the individual moving/importing the goods)
- OBL / AWB
- Invoice of purchase showing the engine number, model and horsepower
- Original Technical Passport or Certificate of Title
- De-registration Certificate
Additional Import Advice
- Diplomats can import vehicles older than 2 years.
- Pakistani national citizens cannot import vehicles older than 2 years.
Relocating Your Pets to Pakistan
These documents will be required when planning to relocate your pet to Pakistan
- Original Passport of shipper
- Quarantine Certificate issued by the Government of Pakistan / Veterinary Certificate
- Pet Passport
- Health Certificate and Vaccination Certificate (issued by origin country)
Additional Import Advice
- Document required must accompany animals and pets.
- Pets may be transported as baggage, as cargo, or with passengers traveling by air.
Restricted & Dutiable/Taxable Items
Think very carefully before moving these items to Pakistan. Items on this list will be taxed and/or require specific permission to import. In all cases they must be declared prior to you relocating to Pakistan:
- Cigarettes (200), cigars (50), tobacco (1/2 kg)
- Eau de Toilette (1/4 L) and perfume (1/8 L)
- Gifts and souvenirs (reasonable number and quantity)
Do not move any of these items to Pakistan:
- Weapons of any kind
- Toxic and radioactive materials
The following additional items are prohibited in GMS Baggage/Courier Consignments:
- Aerosols (all kinds, Hairspray, Deodorant etc)
- Aftershaves / Perfumes / Fragrances
- Alcoholic Drinks or Bottles
- Ammunition of any kind
- Animals of any kind (Dead or Alive)
- Any items containing Petrol (Liquid, Gas or Fumes)
- Biological Samples
- Car Batteries
- Cash & Cards (Credit / Debit)
- Cheques (Bank)
- Christmas Crackers
- Counterfeit Currency
- Dangerous Goods
- Driving Licence
- Drugs (Including Prescription)
- Excrement / Filth
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fish (Dead or Live)
- Foodstuffs (all kinds)
- Hazardous Goods
- Human Remains (including ashes)
- Infectious Substances
- Laptop Computers, Mobile/Smart Phones or Tablets
- Lottery Tickets
- Nail Varnish / Nail Varnish Remover
- Perishable Goods (All)
- Plants / Seeds etc
- Printer Toner
- Seatbelt Tensioners and Steering Wheels
- Weapons (all kinds, including replicas)
Disclaimer: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This information is provided as a guide only. While Global Moving Services has exercised reasonable care in publishing this information, Global Moving Services makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.