To make navigation of this page easier for you, we have added the below clickable menu and return buttons throughout.
MOVING TO RUSSIA
Russie / Rusia / Rússia / Russland / ryssland
A Guide to Relocating to Russia
Want to move to Moscow? Considering moving to Saint Petersburg? Here’s the moving advice you’ll need for any international removal to Russia…
Everything you need to help you plan your international move to Russia.
Moving Household Goods And Personal Effects To Russia
Below is a list of the documents you will need when planning an international removal to Russia:
- Copy of Passport (Of the individual moving/importing the goods)
- Removal packing list – We will complete this if you want us to undertake a full packing service for your removal
- Original Bill of Lading (OBL) / Air Waybill (AWB) – We will take care of this if completing the entire international removal to Russia for you.
- Detailed moving inventory, including photos and values for all objects of art
- Customs Declaration Form for unaccompanied baggage stamped and signed by Customs at the time of shipper’s arrival
- Letter of Employment on company letterhead to the Russian authorities (Diplomat letter must be on Embassy letterhead)
- Copy of Visa (accredited individuals)
- Copy of Accreditation Card (accredited individuals)
- Copy of Diplomatic Passport (applicable only to diplomatic relocations / diplomats moving)
- Copy of Diplomatic Visa (applicable only to diplomatic relocations / diplomats moving)
- Copy of Diplomatic Card (applicable only to diplomatic relocations / diplomats moving)
- Customs Declaration Form is required for unaccompanied baggage, stamped and signed by Customs at the airport upon arrival of the shipper (non-accredited individuals).
- Work Permit (non-accredited individuals)
- Registration with the police department (non-accredited individuals)
We recommend providing these as soon as possible to reduce delays with your removal to Russia. Late receipt of documentation can lead to missed shipments, additional charges and penalties at Russian Customs. For your own protection, we will almost never ship your goods without the above in place.
Additional Removal Advice
- Customs duty is 4 EUR per kg (gross) for all non-diplomatic shipments. For returning Russian citizens, the first 31 kg is exempt from Customs duties and taxes.
- All in-bound non-diplomatic shipments are subject to the payment of Customs duties and taxes calculated based on the costs, insurance and freight (CIF) value of the shipment.
- All shipments are subject to issuance of a Customs Declaration for each Harmonized System code (HS code). The cost of the Customs Declaration will be determined during the Customs clearance process.
We always recommend speaking directly to the relevant embassy for the most accurate and up to date moving advice:
Popular Destinations in Russia
Global Moving Services is vastly experienced in international removals to cities all over the globe. Their long history and detailed knowledge of different countries makes them the perfect choice for your move. Here are some of the most popular destinations we are asked to move people to in Russia:
Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, Nizhny Novgorod. Get a quote to one of these places
Moving Your Money
If you’re moving to Russia, it’s very likely you’ll have to exchange a large amount of currency. Many people waste thousands doing this through their bank as they think there is no alternative; but we partner with Global Reach who specialise in doing just this. Global Reach will offer all Global Moving Services customers preferential rates when exchanging currency and guarantee to beat other rates you’re receiving. Ask one of our move managers about this, to find out more click here or give us a call: +44 20 7097 5335 .
We always advise taking out an insurance policy with us on every move. Although we like to think we’re the best in the industry, the odd accident can occasionally happen. For added peace of mind, make sure to speak to one of our move managers about this.
If you have already contracted us for your international removal to Russia, then you can download the insurance form and email the completed form back to your international relocation manager.
Moving Your Car Or Motorcycle
Below is a list of the documents you will need when planning to move your vehicle to Russia:
- Original Technical Passport
- OBL / AWB
- Pro-forma Invoice
- Purchase document
- Employment confirmation letter (foreigners)
- Original Customs Declaration
Additional Import Advice
- The Customs Declaration is necessary to register the vehicle with the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
Relocating Your Pets to Russia
These documents will be required when planning to relocate your pet to Russia
- Certificate of Vaccination
- Pet Passport
- Veterinary Health Certificate
Additional Import Advice
- Veterinary Health Certificate must be issued no more than 10 days within arrival of pet.
- Permission from the Veterinary Department of the Ministry of Agriculture is required for all animals except cats and dogs.
Restricted & Dutiable/Taxable Items
Think very carefully before moving these items to Russia. Items on this list will be taxed and/or require specific permission to import. In all cases they must be declared prior to you relocating to Russia:
- Wine and spirits (2 L)
- Precious jewelry, stones, medicines and currency can be imported only as accompanied baggage and must be declared with Customs authorities at the time of shipper’s arrival.
- Arms and ammunition
Do not move any of these items to Russia:
- Weapons of all kinds
- Flora and fauna objects
- Technical / receiving apparatus which operate with frequency higher than 9 KHz
- Toxic and radioactive materials
The following additional items are prohibited in GMS Baggage/Courier Consignments:
- Aerosols (all kinds, Hairspray, Deodorant etc)
- Aftershaves / Perfumes / Fragrances
- Alcoholic Drinks or Bottles
- Ammunition of any kind
- Animals of any kind (Dead or Alive)
- Any items containing Petrol (Liquid, Gas or Fumes)
- Biological Samples
- Car Batteries
- Cash & Cards (Credit / Debit)
- Cheques (Bank)
- Christmas Crackers
- Counterfeit Currency
- Dangerous Goods
- Driving Licence
- Drugs (Including Prescription)
- Excrement / Filth
- Fire Extinguishers
- Fish (Dead or Live)
- Foodstuffs (all kinds)
- Hazardous Goods
- Human Remains (including ashes)
- Infectious Substances
- Laptop Computers, Mobile/Smart Phones or Tablets
- Lottery Tickets
- Nail Varnish / Nail Varnish Remover
- Perishable Goods (All)
- Plants / Seeds etc
- Printer Toner
- Seatbelt Tensioners and Steering Wheels
- Weapons (all kinds, including replicas)
Disclaimer: Customs regulations can change at any time with or without notice. This information is provided as a guide only. While Global Moving Services has exercised reasonable care in publishing this information, Global Moving Services makes no representation, either expressed or implied, as to its accuracy or applicability.